Monday 20 August 2012

Alice and the Caterpillar

You know how some children really latch on to a character from fiction - like Winnie The Pooh or Mickey Mouse?  For me, it was Alice.  I loved Alice from an early age.  I was an early reader and I remember reading the books to myself when I was quite small.  If I could have had everything Alice - like you can get everything Disney these days - I would have.  Never mind Barbie pink, I'd have had everything Alice blue. So of course, when I discovered the Altered Alice's blog challenges, it would have been rude not to participate.

This month's challenge is "Now You See it, Now You Don't" - inspired by the Cheshire Cat. So of course, I based my project on the Caterpillar.  It's a Pushmi-Pullyu card (you can find instructions here - a wonderful resource for all sorts of kinetic cards) made ATC size.  I do love kinetic cards so I really enjoyed this challenge.



The image on the front of the ATC is a Stamp Attack stamp.  The butterfly was a free covermount from the Craft Stamper magazine and I made the sentiment with my Imagepac (now that the sachets are being discontinued I am beginning to get the hang of the process - typical of me!) I coloured the butterfly with Twinkling H2O's and the background with Distress inks.  Alice and the caterpillar were coloured with Promarkers.

Thank you for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit!

Update - I got an Honourable Mention - Yippee!  Thanks, folks!

4 comments:

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! I love the "kinetic" label for this type of card, I had not heard that before. I also love the association of the caterpillar and butterfly, and the sentiment is so perfect for the every changing landscape that is Wonderland. Lovely project, and welcome to our challenges. Life is good at the bottom of the rabbit hole! Stick around! :-)

Jenny Marples said...

This is such a clever idea!! Love the way you have coloured it and put the whole project together. You are so talented Keren. Hugs, Buttons x

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

criativo Atc!
formidavel lembranças de sua infância!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great card shape, wonderful work.