Thursday 14 February 2013

Feel the Love - 2


After making a fancy box to contain my husband's Valentine gift, (see part one if you haven't already)  I went on to make the card.  The card which will go in the box (on top of a little gift!) was next - I folded a square Kraft card blank and positioned a heart shaped die (one of the Sizzix Framelits Heart 1 nesting dies) carefully so that it just missed cutting the fold.   I stamped the front with a Rose background stamp in Brilliance ink - it didn't show up as well as I would have liked, so I brushed over it with gold Perfect Pearls and misted with water to set the powder.  I shaded the edges with Vintage Photo Distress inks.  The effect is subtle and doesn't show up well in the picture - it's more obvious in real life, as is the "I Love You"sentiment stamped in brown Memento ink.  


I'd made three roses (see here for the method I followed) that I was going to put on the lid of the box but changed my mind.  One of them went on the front of the card with a couple of the small metal leaves from Creative Expression.  The rose and the leaves got a coat of Gilder's Paste.  Gilder's Paste is fantastic stuff, it looks and smells like shoe polish, is non-toxic,dries in about 20 minutes (is touch-dry in next to no time) and goes onto almost anything!
  
And that's it done.  I'm sharing it on the Artistic Stamper Blog Challenge for February.  Hope you liked it!  Thanks for visiting - please come back soon!

2 comments:

Maisie Moonshine said...

What a fab Valentine's gift for your fella, I love the masculinity of it, and then the romance of the rose - perfect. MM x

Redanne said...

I loved your beautiful box and I really love your card too. A x