Sunday 3 March 2013

Tagging along

Hi everyone, and welcome to my blog!  It's good to have you visit, and I hope you enjoy yourself while you're here.  Now, if you think I'm going to miss an opportunity for a play on words, you think wrong.  And when The Artistic Stamper Creative Team set "Tag" as their blog challenge theme for this month's challenge, well...it just had to be done, didn't it?

This took me back to my childhood;  we loved playing chasing games when I was small.
(Actually, we didn't play "Tag" in my part of the world. We called it "Kit". But it was the same game.)

I wanted a nostalgic, 1950's-postwar-schoolbook feel for the tag.  I began with a rummage in my collection of alphabet stamps, and stamped out the letters in Vermilion Archival ink.  (I love red, it's my favourite colour).  The March hares were a free covermount from Craft Stamper - they reminded me of the kilnd of illustrations that appeared in children's books in my childhood and I thought they looked as if they might be playing a game too, so I stamped them in Coffee Archival. 

Once that was done, I took Cloudy Blue Adirondack ink and two Artistic Stamper unmounted background stamps (sequin waste and houndstooth) and, using them without a mount, dabbed them more or less randomly across the background.  Finally, I blended Broken China, Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood Distress Inks over the background.

And that's it!  Hope you like it. 

3 comments:

SanDee1899 said...

I really like it Keren, it is a wonderful background and such delicate little Bunny stamp - well done!
XOXO
SanDee

Artyjen said...

Thanks for joining in at The Artistic Stamper this month with your delightful tag ;)
xoxo Sioux

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love love this tag! and thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper challenge this month