Monday 3 June 2013

Gallows humour

If you like creepy, spooky or Gothic the Haunted Design House is for you.  They don't do pink and fluffy over there, as you can guess by the fact that their latest challenge is  - to use knots or a noose.

It's probably the result of being married to an unrepentant punster (who is much better, thank you to those of you who enquired after him) that I came up with this one. 

The image is clipart downloaded from the web - I hope nobody goes looking at my search history...it includes terms such as hanging, gallows, and gibbet. ("Honestly, officer, I was doing research for a crafting project...")  I added in the words, adjusted the colour to sepia and printed it out on supersmooth card, which I diecut into the tag shape. I gave it  a few layers of DI (Scattered Straw, Weathered Wood, Peeled Paint an Frayed Burlap) till I was happy with it.

The last job was to make the hangman's noose (I've always wondered how to tie a hangman's knot and now I know how!) and adhere to the tag.

A bit grisly - but I hope you like it anyhow.

Thanks for visiting,

Crafty hugs,

Keren

3 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Like it? I LOVE it!! I am also married to a punny punster, so I really appreciate the humor here.
Fabulous tag and noose. Thanks for playing in the dungeon with us this week at HDH.

SanDee1899 said...

I do like it, too! Not everyone taste but for sure mine! Fabolous!
XOXO SanDee1899

Redanne said...

It is a bit grisly but it is very beautifully done Keren and the pun really is quite funny.... Hugs, Anne x