Thursday 26 September 2013

Snowdrops

Hi blog friends, welcome to my part of the blogiverse.  Did you know that the amazing Ike, who creates wonderful digis, has a new challenge blog?  The first ever Ike's World Challenge is to make something from the tic-tac-toe grid -

I  chose doily, tag and ribbon - 



The first version of this met with an unfortunate accident,which is why I am sliding in through the doors just before they shut them...I hope. (The blog is denying me permission to read it.. )  I'd printed out the snowdrops (an Ike digi) and glued micro beads onto the reverse.  I'd coloured the picture on the computer to save myself time and left it on one side for the glue to dry.  I forgot that the cat (Craft Supervisor Mysti) has a strange addiction to licking plastic. The project was not improved by the addition of cat spit, believe me!  (BTW, Mysti seems is OK - she obviously didn't like the taste of the ink as she didn't lick much - just enough to ruin it!)

So, take 2- as well as the aforementioned micro beads, I used a doily cut from a Cheery Lynne die, a teeny-tiny tag cut with a punch I've had for a long time, and a bit of velvet ric-rac ribbon (I LOVE velvet ribbon!) on some paper printed from a Sheena Douglass CD, mounted on a bit of textured silver card.  

Hope you like it! 

Crafty hugs,

Keren

4 comments:

ike said...

WoW - that is GORGEOUS. What a fabulous creation... the bit about the cat did make me laugh though.... sorry !!! LoL :-)
Thank you for playing along at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

IKE xxxx

ike said...

Me again - have you linked it on the Challenge Keren coz I can't see it ?!!!

IKE xxxxxxxxxxxx

ike said...

SORRY - I hit the wrong button.... I've fixed the Challenge Blog now.... I hope :-D

Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

Redanne said...

The snowdrops are absolutely gorgeous, the story about your cat really did give me a giggle. Hugs, Anne x