Monday 28 October 2013

If I only had wings...

I don't know, where does the time go?  Almost the end of October already, and here I am only just making the deadline for SanDee and amelie's Steampunk blog challenge.
This time it's aTic-Tac-Toe grid.
 and I've gone with Metal, Wings, and Braid or Ribbon to create a necklace for Lady Ermintrude.
I enjoy kumihimo braiding, and made the cord myself -for those who are interested,  it's an 8-strand cord made with 1mm rattail thread (it's not that easy to find 1mm rattail!)  The square pendant is a Media Mixage bezel, the background is done with Pebeo Vitrail and Fantasy paints like this;  once they were dry, the gear was added and then the whole thing covered in Gedeo crystal resin (I like this resin as it doesn't smell, but it does take a good 24 hours to set properly)  The angel wing charm I found on a well-known auction site .  Altogether, I think Lady E will enjoy wearing this piece when she goes for a jaunt in Major Thomas's Dirigible, don't you?

Thanks for visiting,

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

2 comments:

Claudia N. said...

What a lovely make, Keren!

Love your necklace and how you combined the colour of the ribbon with the metal parts! A beautiful photograph too!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's SPC!

Claudia x

Annie said...

Love your necklace Keren. I am sure it will be treasured.

TFS

Annie x