Monday 10 February 2014

Love lies bleeding


Here we go with the Smeared and Smudged My Bloody Valentine blog hop, and the Ikesworld
Challenge Blog Design Team is joining in the fun!

The blog hoppers (you can see them here) are linking up for three days, today, tomorrow and
Friday. My piece for today is “Love Lies Bleeding”. I used the “Vamp” digi stamp from Ike’s new releases (SOOO lush!).

 I’ve had the heart plaque for a while – I bought it from the supermarket for £1-50 – it originally had “Home Sweet Home” printed on it but I soon changed that with a coat of black gesso! I gave is some texture with spider web net, painted it red and added some texture paste through a
Tim Holtz stencil then coloured it again with Dylusions sprays. It’s a substantial size – about eight inches from top to bottom – so isn’t it great that digital
stamps are easy to resize (and flip horizontally as well?)

The Vamp I printed out onto tissue paper (the kind you pack things in, not Kleenex) and I painted white acrylic over the back before I coloured the front with alcohol markers. (I’m still not tired of this technique!) The next bit was a happy accident. I probably should have given the Dylusion’d bit a coat of sealer before I stuck the tissue picture to the base - it became a lot redder than I'd planned!  But I decided I liked it...

Last of all I die-cut the letters from cardboard and painted them black.  Once I'd stuck them down I gave them a light rub with gilding wax.  And there he is!

See you later!

xxx Keren

2 comments:

Rachel Gillham said...

Yet another absolutely fantastic piece :D i love it as much as the last one of yours i saw...great work :)

Matney said...

The texture on this is outstanding and so perfect w/ this image. Beautiful reds and love your happy accident. Rays are killlllerr!