Friday 18 April 2014

Box-ology

I love pretty boxes. I don't really know why, I just do.  I also love living by the seaside - I'm looking out of my living room window at the beach as I write this (and yes, I do appreciate how very, very lucky I am).  So Graphic 45's By the Sea collection was a must-have, and the first thing I've done with it is to decorate a little (4 inch square) box .

As well as the G45 8 x 8 papers  and stickers I used a Spellbinders die to cut out some core'dinations card which I heat-embossed with Chinese Red Antiquities powder, some ric-rac braid (normal and jumbo sized)  a bit of piping cord left over from another project (I soaked it in tea to make it off-white) and some embellies that I had in my stash.  The frame was originally silver - I painted it off-white.  The picture is glazed with glossy accents.  Side view - 

And inside -
All I need to do now is to decide what to keep in it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Crafty hugs,

Keren

1 comment:

Jenny Marples said...

Oh that really is a treasure box and one you should 'treasure'. I love that mix of ephemera on the top and the way you've lined your box so professionally. Great work Keren. Jenny x