Thursday 15 October 2015

31 Days of Halloween - Day 15

Hello my lovely blog friends, and than you for joining me for Day15 of the Smeared Ink 31 days of Halloween Blog Challenge.  If you've been working you way around the blogs in order, then you’ve arrived from Sarah’s blog.  If you're a billets, fear not- you can get your bearings from the blog roll over there on the right.

Today I'm showing you this tag -

I used stamps from Tim Holtz (bats) and Clarity (trees), a bit of Gorgeous Grunge from SU for the stars and a Lovecraft alphabet (excellent value at £1 for the set!).

The witch, flying past the masked - out moon, is a Alterations die from several years ago and is one I get a lot of use from - and in this case, I cut it out of craft foam and then I shrunk it to fit on the tag.  Yes, that's right, I used my heat gun to shrink it, just like shrink plastic.  The reduction in size isn't as dramatic as with shrink plastic but  it's enough to make witchy-poo just the right size!

So now, if you're a Horrifying Hopper, please move on to Lisa F’s blog - and I'll be back tomorrow!

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

11 comments:

Squiddy said...

Love the moon's glow, awesome

valscraftings said...

Love this tag, great images, I like that you used Clarity's tree stamp, they complete the scene!

DonnaMundinger said...

I had no idea you could shrink foam. how cool! Love this tag. The song is special to hubby and me. xxD

Carol said...

Love this tag - moon and sky are awesome x

My Side of Oz said...

Fab background, got that song stuck in my head :) and love the tip on shrinking the foam..a must try xx

Sari / Granne said...

Ooh, love your tag, it's so awesome and the sentiment also

Unknown said...

Lovely tag! I had no idea you could shrink craft foam--great tip.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

A spooktacular tag, love every detail of it and the witch is perfect in every wicked way!

Mary Holshouser said...

Beautiful.
Love the coloring in the sky, the moon is so pretty, and the silhouette of the flying witch is great.
I'd love to have this for a bookmark of my own.
thanks for sharing.

Susan Renshaw said...

Great tag - love the witch superimposed on that moon!

Lyneen said...

One fantastic tag... love the background you created for the really creepy flying to the moon!!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing!