Sunday 18 October 2015

31 Days of Halloween - Day 18

Hello Horrifying Hoppers, and thank you for joining me on Day 18 of  the Smeared Ink 31 days of Halloween Blog Challenge.  If you're doing as  expected, then you’ve arrived from Sarah’s blog - but the blog roll is on the right if you've lost your bearings.

Today I'm showing this bauble.


I started by painting the inside of one half of the bauble with blue and purple glass paints, then I die-cut the house (and the gravestones in front of it - not very visible in the picture, but they are there!) from black shrink plastic and stuck them into the bauble with Milliput - I threw some Flower Soft and black flock powder over it while it was setting. 

I stamped "Happy Halloween" (I think it came from De Stempelwinkel) in white Staz-On ink onto  a strip cut from a shrink wrap bag ( I got mine from Amazon, originally for wrapping soap - they were very inexpensive) and then held it in place around the bauble while I heated it with a hairdryer.   Finally I tied a length of thick Bakers' Twine to the top so I could hang the bauble from the stand.

So now, proceed, if you would,  to Lisa F’s blog to continue the hop and I'll be back tomorrow.

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

14 comments:

Squiddy said...

Love the way you hijacked the "Christmas" bauble

Sarah said...

Genius!! Here I was thinking baubles could only be used at Christmas - now I'm actually happy Christmas stuff is out in the shops early!

valscraftings said...

Oh wonderful bauble such a great idea, love it!

My Side of Oz said...

really amazing idea and loving that shrink wrap stamping technique xx

Unknown said...

Love your bauble--such a creative project!

Lyneen said...

Thanks for sharing all the details how you created your AWESOME bauble... love the idea of a group of these!!! thanks for the tip on the shrink wrap for soap!

Sari / Granne said...

Awesome decoration, very haunting feeling, fabulous job.

Carol said...

WOW - Love the bauble - thanks for shrink wrap tip too xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Gorgeous Halloween bauble! Now where's the Halloween tree?

Mary Holshouser said...


The scene really looks great.
Have to try this one.
thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Super awesome ornament. I love the glass paint in the background

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous bauble! Love the spooky scene you've created. xxD

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

A fun and wicked cool Halloween bauble, love it!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful Bauble. I think you have inspired ne to have a Halloween tree next year :)