Monday 19 October 2015

31 Days of Halloween - Day 19

Hello bloggers! We're well into the Smeared Ink 31 days of Halloween Blog Challenge and if you're working your way around in order, you've arrived from Sarah’s blog.  If you're lost, keep calm and get your bearings using the blog roll over there on the right.

This treat bag is made using Stampin’ Up! cotton paper in Cucumber Crush.  Cotton paper has  has been described as – well, weird.  It’s very smooth and lightweight and you’d think it would be quite delicate and translucent.  In fact, it’s surprisingly robust. 

The bag is just big enough to hold a small treat - mmm...chocolate buttons....

I cut the bag using the SU mini treat bag die (but it wouldn't be too hard to make something similar with a score board and a craft trimmer.)   The eyes are punched circles of whisper white and basic black and I cut Frankie’s fringe (basic black again) with my fringe scissors. His eyelids are a punched circle of Cucumber Crush card cut into halves.

The treat holder inside is just a piece of Cucumber Crush card, cut with a Lots of Labels framelit (I do love this shape, it’s so elegant) and stamped with the “Boo” from the Cheer all Year set using – guess what ? – Cucumber Crush ink.
Apart from that. I just drew his features with a fine marker and he’s ready for Trick or Treating! 

So now, it's on to Lisa F’s blog to continue the hop.  I'll be back here tomorrow - see you then!

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how cute. I just wish he was happier, poor little fella

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Super cute...Frankenstein is looking a bit green, rough night on the town maybe LOL! I could just munch on those chocolate buttons right now, yum!

valscraftings said...

So cute, love it!

Carol said...

Wicked Bag - love it xx

Sari / Granne said...

So treat today, such a fun bag

My Side of Oz said...

Delicious treat holder and those candy buttons..yummy xx

Squiddy said...

I think he's been snacking on Lemon Sours.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I love the comments also but your little Frankenstein bag is awesome!

Unknown said...

This is too cute! Love his little fringe of "hair."

Mary Holshouser said...

I had to laugh when I saw this guy.
He looks so unhappy. I think he has indigestion.
that happens when you're green.
thanks for sharing a fun project.

Susan Renshaw said...

What a fab idea - I love all your makes Keren!!

Lyneen said...

Super cute idea for a GREEN "FRANKIE" treat bag for a party... Kids would love these! I can see a table of these now!!! love the treat holder inside... Thanks for sharing!

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable treat bag. I've never heard of cotton paper. Sounds neat. Great little treat holder, too. xxD