Saturday 24 October 2015

31 Days of Halloween - Day 24

Here we are at day 24 of the Smeared Ink 31 days of Halloween Blog Challenge.  The blog roll is over ther on the right, but if you're working your way through in order, then you’ve arrived here from Sarah’s blog.

Here’s today’s contribution.  


I've found this card under a number of different names – shutter card, peekaboo card, but I first came across it as a Magic Marquee card.   I went to town a bit and used stamps from three different sets on this card - "Spooky" on the front is from XXXX, the big spider and the sentiment are from Cheer All Year, and the little spiders on the Tangelo Twist background are from A Little Something.    I've also used Happy 

  Earlier this year I made a tutorial on how to construct one of these cards - here it is - 

The measurements I used on this version of the card are a bit different from those in the video.  The card is 8 ½ by 5 ½ inches, scored at 2 1/8 inches from either end to make a gatefold card.   The finished card measures 4 ¼ by 5 ½.The inner panel is 3 ¼ by 5 ½ and I used the 1 ¾ inch circle punch to cut the aperture.

I cut ½ inch off the end of the die-cut banner framelits from Stampin’ Up! (it’s the 4th one counting from smallest to largest) and then scored and folded at ½ inch from the end.
On to Lisa F’s blog

11 comments:

Squiddy said...

Thanks for the card vid too.

valscraftings said...

Wonderful card! Loved watching the video, I am going to make one!

DonnaMundinger said...

So cute! Love how it opens. Brilliant to use the banner die. xxD

Unknown said...

Very cool card! Thanks for the video tutorial!

Sari / Granne said...

Brilliant folding, love the font on the sentiment and thank you for the video.

Mary Holshouser said...

Great card.
Don't think I've made one of these.
Will have to watch the video and take notes for a
future card.
thanks for sharing.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I will also have a go at making one of these too, thanks for the video tut!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I have never made one of these and I do love it. I will miss all the wonderment here I may have to pop in from time to time :)

Carol said...

Fab card -thank you for video x

Susan Renshaw said...

Another great card! Thanks for sharing!

Laura S Reading said...

Very, very cute!